eSignature technology has solved the problem of remotely signing documents. The best part is that it produces legally binding signatures and allows several parties from different locations to sign documents anywhere. And while many eSignature software solutions require paid plans, some offer free packages. We’ve picked 8 of the best eSignature software apps for you to sign documents remotely.
What Is an Electronic Signature (And Can It Be Free)?
An electronic signature (or eSignature/e-signature) is a digital form of approval or consent used to sign documents or contracts. These digital signatures are made possible by using eSignature creation software that can be installed on a PC or mobile.
They are legally binding in almost all industrialized nations and are considered more efficient than handwritten signatures.
Electronic signatures are also cost-effective as using them cuts expenses on the paper, ink, and postal charges required for a physically signed document.
There are many different eSignature software solutions in the world, some of which offer free plans that you can use to sign documents remotely.
Best 8 Free Electronic Signature Software Solutions and Apps
We’ve dug and selected 8 of the best eSignature software tools for free electronic signatures.
Let’s take a look at them one by one
Signaturely is a free eSignature tool that collects legal signatures on documents. Signaturely’s free plan allows its users to use the software without purchasing any plan.
With this free electronic signature tool, you can request up to three documents for eSignatures per month. And you can always upgrade to a paid plan if you want to have your document signed using more amazing features.
- You can set up Signaturely in a matter of minutes
- The software is highly efficient
- Excellent customer service
- Easy deployment
- Free online signature generator
- The mobile app for Signaturely is unavailable
The Eversign eSignature software allows you to add one team member to your account and forward five documents per month.
The free plan also allows you to try out the API feature, which will help you decide if Eversign is right for you before jumping into a paid plan.
- It has a user-friendly interface
- Quick contract turnaround
- It allows you to try out the API feature
- You might lose your work while backtracking
HelloSign’s free plan allows you to send a maximum of three free signature requests each month. These requests are renewable every 30 days, beginning at your sign-up date.
- It is mobile friendly
- It provides metrics such as the activity of the parties to whom you send documents etc.
- It is not integrated with many third-party applications
PandaDoc’s free plan offers users unlimited signatures and monthly document uploads. It also grants them access to unlimited users.
- It allows you to create your own templates
- It can be integrated with different tools
- Editing documents with PandaDoc is difficult for first-time users
- The drag-and-drop function doesn’t work well with some features
DigiSigner allows you to have multiple signatures on a document. However, it only allows for one sender and three documents per month.
Nonetheless, it is effortless to use; its interface is simple enough for beginners to understand.
- It is easy to use
- It has a user-friendly interface
- You cannot insert a blank page in between a signature document and the audit trail
RightSignature’s free plan allows users to use its premium business features for up to 60 days or a maximum of 5 executed documents, depending on which you use first.
- Responsive customer service (phone calls and email)
- Good user interface
- It can be integrated with web forms
- You can only use the merge field values once
- Templates cannot be cloned
- Poor API documentation
Check out our RightSignature vs. Docusign comparison.
SignEasy has a 14-day free trial package that allows you to sign an unlimited number of documents. SignEasy is compatible with all popular document formats.
- You can use it on Android and iOS smartphones
- Easy to use
- It is difficult to integrate the application with Evernote and some other related apps
- It is difficult to download templates
- Loading documents take too much time
You can submit as many as ten documents per month using SignRequest’s free plan. Also, you can remain on the free plan for as long as you’d like.
Although the features of this plan are limited, it has some advantages, such as the ability to sign in on any device and integrate with Google.
- Secure audit trail
- Offers 17 languages
- It allows you to create default templates
- User-friendly interface
- Management of sent documents can be better
- Poor API integration
How to Create a Free Electronic Signature Online
An online electronic signature allows you to sign documents, forms, contracts, and more while using a phone, tablet, or computer. It’s not hard to create an electronic signature online. You must secure the software you wish to use and follow the free and simple steps outlined to create your signature.
How to Create a Free Electronic Signature in Word
Creating a free electronic signature in Word is just as easy as creating one online. And the Signaturely app is one of the best tools to do this.
Signaturely is easy and safe to use, and here’s how you can eSign documents with it on Word.
- Open your Signaturely account
- Click on “Sign,” then choose the individuals who need to sign the document
- Type the document title and details, then scroll down and click on “Upload File”
- Choose your document and upload it
- Add the signers
- Send the completed document
And just like that, you have succeeded in creating your free electronic signature in Word, which anyone can do hassle-free.
Using Signaturely to sign your documents allows you to enjoy some of its benefits for free and is open to use as often as possible. Although the software offers free accounts, it provides various account upgrades, and users can take advantage of the $10 to $15 business account, which must be paid monthly.
How to Create a Free Electronic Signature in a PDF
It’s easy to create a free electronic signature online. All you have to do is follow the simple steps below.
- Drag and drop your PDF document into the document bar, or click on the link to select your document and upload it directly.
- eSign documents by clicking on the link, selecting your preferred eSignature, and adding it to your document.
- Click the “Done” button to save your changes and download the signed document.
Introducing Signaturely’s Free Electronic Signature Generator
Signaturely’s free eSignature generator allows you to create online signatures for contracts and other legal documents easily.
The beautiful thing about Signaturely is that it allows you to draw your signature the way you want. You must grab your mouse or use your trackpad to create your preferred outline using any of the fonts available.
Frequently Asked Questions about Free eSignature software
Here are the answers to some of your frequently asked questions.
How can I create an electronic signature for free?
You can create an eSignature for free by using apps like Signaturely.
What is the best free eSignature software?
There are tons of electronic signature software online for signing documents online eDocuments. Signaturely is a great free option with a user-friendly interface.
Signaturely is an electronic signature software that allows you to input legal electronic signatures on any type of document. The software benefits outweigh its setbacks.
If you are looking to eSign your documents for free, try Signaturely.