Technology simplifies many administrative tasks, including record keeping and document signing processes.
The emergence of online signature creators makes signing documents even easier and provides the security and protection needed for sensitive information.
Filling and signing digital files is easier than ever—all you need is a digital signature.
How to Make a Digital Signature in PDF on Any Device
Digital signatures are online versions of wet signatures. They serve as proof of identity and an intention to sign. Digital signatures are also cryptographically secure and entirely legal (via the ESIGN Act). Specific measures are in place to ensure the validity and authenticity of these signatures. When a digital signature is affixed to a document, the recipient can be assured that the document is unaltered and the same as it was originally published or printed.
Creating a secure digital signature to sign PDF documents and files is an essential task. In the digital age, one should maximize available resources and minimize response times for signing office reports, contracts, and other important documents. Digital signatures ensure smooth transactions for all parties involved.
You can create a digital signature for PDFs on any device through Signaturely. Just follow these simple steps:
Step 1: Open Signaturely.com and Create a Free Account
Signaturely is a mobile app that you can use to add your digital signature to any device or gadget, such as Android, iPhone, PC, or Mac.
First, navigate to signaturely.com and create a free signaturely account.
Step 2: Upload the PDF
On the right panel side menu, click “Sign” and select the number of signatories. Upload the PDF.
Step 3: Click the Fill Out and Sign Button
Click “Fill Out and Sign” at the bottom of the page. Choose “Sign” on the menu on the left side and click the area marked for signing. A pop-up box will appear for crafting your signature.
Within the popup window, click “Create It Now.”.
Step 4: Create Your Electronic Signature
At this point, you can choose between “Upload Image” ( for a scanned image of your signature) or “Draw It In” to design a digital signature.
In accordance with the Electronic Signature Disclosure Act, any signature you create within this app carries the same legal weight and value as your handwritten signature.
Step 5: Upload Your Signature to Signaturely
If you choose to use “Upload Image,” click the “Upload file” button and select the image file stored on your computer. Afterwards, click the “Create Signature” button.
Step 6: Insert Your Signature into the PDF
Once you have finished creating your signature, Signaturely will route you back to the document so that you can select and insert your signature.
Click the signature field, then select “Sign” to insert your signature.
More Methods to Make a Digital Signature for PDFs
You can sign digital documents and forms using other methods too based on your devices. There is no need for using scanners or expensive equipment. The following methods can be used across all operating systems and platforms.
How to Create Digital Signatures for PDFs (Mac)
- Use a stylus, digital pen, mouse, or trackpad to draw your signature. Download the image as a PNG file. Then, you can add your digital signature to any document via Signaturely.
2. Use a touch screen and to create or draw your signature. You use any drawing app or software. Save the signature file as PNG for future use.
3. Open up an app like Signaturely and select “Type Your Signature.” You can personalize the style and font.
4. Use Apple Preview to create a virtual signature. Use Trackpad to open the PDF file, click Markup, then go to the Signature icon. Select Create Signature and “Click Here to Begin.” Use Trackpad to sign the document.
5. Use Apple Mail. Go to Preferences in Mail and select Signatures. Choose the email account you want to connect to your digital signature. Through the right column, you can create your signature. The middle column tracks your existing electronic signatures. You can access your stored signatures to sign your documents.
How to Create Digital Signatures for PDFs (PC)
- Use Google Chrome to create a digital signature. Open your PDF via Chrome, then use the fill and sign tool to affix your signature.
- Use Microsoft Office to sign a PDF document. Follow these steps:
- Download the file. Open the file in Protected View and click “Edit Anyway.”
- Go to the menu and select “Sign.”
- Add a typed version of your signature by typing your name into the box. Or select an image of your handwritten signature. Click “Select Image,” and in the “Select Signature Image” dialog box, choose your digital signature.
4. For PC tablets, use the touch screen to add a handwritten signature through the inking feature. Click Sign.
How to Create Digital Signatures for PDFs (iPhone/iPad)
Follow these steps to add signatures as a digital signature using your iPhone or iPad.
- Log in to your Signaturely account and choose the number of people who will sign the document.
- Upload the document to the app and click “Fill Out & Sign.” Place your signature fields to indicate who and where others need to sign.
- Send your signed document and wait for all signers to complete the process.
- Use Apple Preview to create a digital signature. Open Preview and click the Markup icon then the Signature icon. Click Create Signature. Select which device to save it on for future use
How to Create Digital Signatures for PDFs (Android)
For Android, you can use apps like Adobe Reader, Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Sign, and Signaturely to sign documents. On all of these apps, the process is simple:
- Install the app onto your Android device.
- Upload the PDF to the app.
- Open the document and click the fill and sign tool within the app’s toolbar.
- Save the PDF and send it back to the recipient.
FAQs About How to Make a Digital Signature in PDF
How do I create a digital signature in PDF?
There are many ways to sign a PDF with a digital signature. You can use software or apps like Adobe Reader, Acrobat, or Signaturely to create a digital signature in a PDF file. When using Adobe, ensure that your signature is authenticated with a certificate authority (CA).
How can I add an electronic signature to a PDF for free?
You can use an app like Signaturely to add an electronic signature to your PDFs for free.
What to Remember About Making a Digital Signature in PDF
There are many ways to create a digital signature in PDF on your personal devices. Signaturely is one of the easiest ways for your computer, tablet, or phone.
When you want to sign a PDF file or any document, it is vital to ensure that the file remains authentic and consistent for all signatories.