Graphic Design Contract Template
Graphic Design Contract - Everything You Need to Know (Includes Free Template)
What is a graphic design contract?
A graphic design contract is a formal agreement between designer and client to set conditions for which the services are performed.
Whether design work is a team effort, or a smaller scale, the structure of the graphic design and a freelance graphic design contract is the same.
DISCLAIMER: We are not lawyers or a law firm and we do not provide legal, business or tax advice. We recommend you consult a lawyer or other appropriate professional before using any templates or agreements from this website.
Grab a copy of our free Graphic Design Contract today
Why it’s critical to have a graphic design contract template
1. Increase your chances of getting paid
2. Manage expectations
3. Builds credibility
4. Everyone is accountable
5. It’s motivating!
Grab a copy of our free Graphic Design Agreements
When to introduce a graphic design contract
FAQ about Graphic Design Contracts
There are a few different ways you can go about creating a contract for your graphic design business:
- You can create it yourself – do you own independent research and put together an agreement tailor-made for your practice. This, however, can be quite time consuming, and you may not have the confidence to know that it’s best practice.
- You pay a lawyer to create one for you – this is a fantastic option as you’ll be confident in the fine print of your contract. However, paying legal fees can be quite expensive, especially if you’re a small business.
- You can use a pre-written template – some companies offer contract templates which you can use for your business. Depending on the quality of the template, it can save you a ton of time doing your own research.
- The work is completed
- Any party breaches the conditions of the contract
- All parties voluntarily agree to terminate the agreement
- Parties involved
- Project description