Free DJ Contract Template
We’ve worked with legal experts and proofreaders to create a simple DJ contract template to save you time in your events business.
What’s in this template?
- Services provided
- DJ’s responsibilities
- Cancellation policy
Download our free DJ contract template.
What is a DJ Contract?
DJs (disc jockeys) are responsible for hosting musical entertainment and providing a memorable experience for an audience at an event. Events can range from weddings, parties, festivals, and clubs, to corporate events, fundraisers, and tradeshows.
DJs have a comprehensive skillset that allows them to use technology and equipment to provide an entertaining experience. Some of these skills include:
- A strong understanding of music
- Reading the crowd to select the right songs
- Mixing and blending songs seamlessly to create a smooth and flowing sound
- Audience communication and engagement
- Troubleshooting technical problems
- Professionalism and courteousness toward the crowd and the client
A DJ contract is a legal document outlining the terms and conditions of a DJ’s employment. It includes several important items, such as:
- The name and contact information of the contract parties (DJ and the client)
- The date, time, and location of the event
- The DJ’s fee, responsibilities, and equipment and supplies
- The client’s responsibilities
- A payment schedule
- A cancellation policy
- A dispute resolution clause
A DJ contract protects the DJ and the client, ensuring that both parties understand each other and agree. The contract makes sure there are reasonable contingencies in place regardless of whatever happens.
DISCLAIMER: We are not lawyers or a law firm and we do not provide legal, business or tax advice. We recommend you consult a lawyer or other appropriate professional before using any templates or agreements from this website.
What Does a DJ Contract Include?
Your DJ skillset lets you to entertain a crowd and host an enjoyable and satisfying experience for your clients. You have been able to create a profitable career doing something that you’re good at and that you enjoy.
DJing for an event is a professional service in high demand. You must run your business in a way that adheres to the law, and you must protect yourself if something goes wrong.
That’s where a legally-binding DJ contract comes into play.
A DJ contract defines the terms and conditions of service that you provide to a client as a DJ. It’s legally binding and has several important pieces of information. These features establish the “ground rules” for your relationship with your clients. Some of them include the following:
- The event’s date, time, and location: This information is pertinent for both the DJ and the client to know so they can plan accordingly.
- Services that the DJ will provide: This should include a detailed list of the DJ’s responsibilities, such as selecting and playing music, mixing and blending songs, communicating with the audience, and creating a positive and enjoyable atmosphere.
- The DJ’s fee: This should be clearly stated in the contract, along with any payment terms, such as when the DJ will be paid and how they will be paid.
- The client’s responsibilities: This should include a list of the client’s responsibilities, such as providing the DJ with a sound system, a stage, and access to the venue.
- A cancellation policy: This should state what happens if either the DJ or the client cancels the event.
- A dispute resolution process: This should state how any disputes between the DJ and the client will be resolved.
By including these key elements in a DJ contract, both parties can be assured they’re on the same page. The DJ and the client are both protected in the event of any issues. Aside from these core features, here are some other lesser, more specific criteria a DJ contract may cover:
- The DJ’s music selection
- The DJ’s attire
- The DJ’s set times
- The DJ’s break times
- The DJ’s sound levels
- The DJ’s use of alcohol or drugs
- The DJ’s liability for damage to property
- The DJ’s right to refuse service
Why It’s Important to Use a DJ Contract
A DJ contract is important for the client and the DJ. For the client, it ensures that the DJ will show up on time, provide the services that were agreed upon, and be professional. It also protects the client if the DJ does not fulfill their obligations.
For the DJ, it protects them from being taken advantage of by the client. It also ensures they will be paid for their services and they can cancel if obligations aren’t met. The DJ is protected by the stated fee, cancellation policy, and dispute resolution process outlined in the legally-binding contract.
By using a DJ contract, both the client and the DJ can be confident that they understand what is expected of them and that they are protected in case of any problems.
Here are some additional reasons why it is crucial to use a DJ contract:
- A DJ contract can help to avoid misunderstandings and disputes. By clearly stating the terms and conditions of the agreement, both parties can be sure that they are on the same page.
- A DJ contract can provide the client and the DJ peace of mind. Knowing that their rights and responsibilities are clearly defined can help to reduce stress and anxiety.
- A DJ contract can help to protect both parties in the event of any problems. If there is a dispute, the contract can be used as a reference to help resolve the issue.
If you are hiring a DJ, get a contract in writing. This will help to ensure that you have a clear understanding of what is expected of both you and the DJ and that you are protected in the event of any problems.
When to Use a DJ Contract Template?
There are several instances when you should use a DJ contract. Some examples of events or occasions where it may be needed include:
- Weddings: A wedding is one of the most important events in a person’s life, and it’s essential to make sure that everything goes off without a hitch. A DJ contract template can help to ensure that the DJ is punctual and professional and provides the requested services.
- Parties: Parties allow you to celebrate special occasions with friends and family. This could include birthdays, anniversaries, and other important events. A DJ contract template can help ensure a successful party with the right music.
- Clubs: Nightclubs and bars are popular places to dance with friends and have a good time. A DJ contract template can ensure the DJ provides the right music and keeps the crowd entertained.
- Corporate events: Corporate events are a fantastic strategy to promote a company or product. A DJ contract template can help ensure a successful event with the right music.
- Fundraisers: A fundraising event is a great way to raise money for charitable organizations, non-profits, political campaigns, and personal causes. A DJ contract template can help ensure the DJ provides an entertaining experience and that your event is an overall success.
- Festivals: Festivals are great ways to learn about new cultures, have new experiences, and spend time with family and friends. A DJ contract template will make it easier to empower the DJ so they can entertain the festival crowd.
Download our free example
DJ Contract Template
We’ve got your back here at Signaturely, and we’re ready to help make stress-free contracts a reality. Forget the confusing paperwork and overwhelming legal jargon – get easy, breezy contract templates for your clients in minutes with our free template.
FAQs About DJ Contract Templates
How do I write a contract for a DJ?
Writing a DJ contract is a process that involves several steps. Like with all legally-binding agreements, you start by identifying the stakeholders involved. A DJ contract includes the DJ, the client, and other relevant parties, such as the venue owner.
Once you’ve done this, you can then state the purpose of the contract. When and where is the event? What day and time is it? Where will this event take place? You should also address the specifics of the services the DJ will be providing.
The terms and conditions of the contract should then be established, including the DJ’s fee, the client’s responsibilities, and other relevant items. Once this is done, you can then get an attorney to review the contract to ensure it’s fair and enforceable. Both parties can then sign once the all-clear is given.
Make sure that the document covers all relevant terms and conditions and uses clear and concise language. Avoid using overly technical jargon that only legal experts and professionals can understand.
What is a contract between a DJ and a club?
A DJ contract is a legal document that details the accepted terms and conditions of a DJ’s employment. It covers several vital pieces of information, including:
- Name and contact details of both contract parties (The DJ and the club)
- Details regarding the event (date, time, location)
- The DJ’s fee
- A payment schedule
- Details regarding the DJ equipment and supplies
- The responsibilities of both contract parties (The DJ and the club)
- A cancellation policy
- A dispute resolution clause
Most DJ contracts will contain all of these elements. However, each contract and gig is unique; our free DJ contract template has been reviewed by legal experts and proofreaders. It includes everything your agreement needs but is also customizable to suit your unique circumstance.
How much does a club pay for DJ?
How much a club pays a DJ depends on several factors, which include the size of the club, the experience of the DJ, and the music the DJ plays. It’s difficult to give a specific number because of these variables.
Roughly speaking, clubs will pay a DJ somewhere between $100 and $500 per night. Some clubs may pay a well-known artist more. Remember that these are just rough ballpark estimates.
DJ Contract Template
DJ CONTRACT AGREEMENT
- This DJ Contractual Agreement (hereinafter referred to as the “Agreement”) is entered into on ________________ (the “Effective Date”), by and between ________________________, with an address of ________________ (hereinafter referred to as the “DJ”) and ________________with an address of ________________ (hereinafter referred to as the “Client”) (collectively referred to as the “Parties”).
- This Agreement is valid from the day of its signing until ________________.
DESCRIPTION OF SERVICES
The Parties agree that the DJ will provide the following services accordingly:
- The Parties agree that the DJ will charge the Client as follows:
- The Client is entitled to pay the DJ the accumulated earnings made every ____________ .
- The Parties hereby agree that the Client will retain his/her present and future rights, title as well as the interest to all intellectual property (hereinafter referred to as “Intellectual Property”) that is created and/or discovered during the term of their employment.
- Intellectual Property includes, but is not limited to, trademarks, trade names, service marks, service mark registrations, service names, patents, patent rights, copyrights, inventions, licenses, approvals, governmental authorizations, trade secrets, algorithms, codes, inventions, processes, software, formulas, ideas, concepts, and developments.
This Agreement may be terminated in case the following occurs:
- Immediately in case one of the Parties breaches this Agreement.
- By providing a written notice to the other party at least ________________ days prior to the intended termination.
- During the Term and for a period of ________________ years thereafter, the DJ agrees to maintain in confidence all Clients’ information disclosed that is identified as, or acknowledged to be, confidential at the time of disclosure (the “Confidential Information”), and shall not use, disclose or grant the use of the Confidential Information.
- The Parties agree that any amendments made to this Agreement must be in writing where they must be signed by both Parties to this Agreement.
- As such, any amendments made by the Parties will be applied to this Agreement.
- In an event where a provision of this Agreement is found to be void and/or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, then the provisions remaining will continue to be enforced.
- Any dispute and/or difference arising out of or related to this Agreement will be submitted to ________________ (Arbitration/mediation/negotiation) according to, and subject to the laws of ________________.
- This Agreement will be governed by and construed according to the laws of
- This Agreement is complete and with respect to the subject matter herein, supersedes all and any prior agreements, understandings, and conditions, expressed or implied, written or oral, of any nature with respect to the subject matter herein.
The expressed terms control and supersede any course of performance and/or usage of the trade inconsistent with any of the terms herein.
SIGNATURE AND DATE
- The Parties hereby agree to the terms and conditions set forth in this Agreement and such is demonstrated throughout their signatures below:
Related Proposals and Templates
Download Our Free DJ Contract Template Today
Don’t waste any more time trying to craft the perfect dj contract. Our free dj contract template is ready and ready to download in one quick, convenient click—no more complicated documents for you or your clients to fill out. Just download, customize, and off you go!
Don’t wait – get your free dj contract template today and get geared up for business growth.